In the mailbox
NEW YORK LEAGUE OF PUERTO RICAN WOMEN, INC.
Edith Padilla, President
Non-Partisan Not-For-Profit Organization
P. O. Box 268, Patchogue, New York 11772-0268
We are currently accepting applications for our 2010 College Awards to be
presented at our College Awards Gala Dinner Dance at the Marina Del Rey in the
Bronx, on Thursday, August 19, 2010. These awards are granted annually to
undergraduate Puerto Rican women selected for their academic excellence and
service to the community.
To be eligible, applicants must send a completed 2010 College Award
Application Form to our post office box listed above, by the deadline date of
May 29, 2010, and meet all of the following criteria:
1. Currently matriculated as an undergraduate student in an accredited institution
of higher education, having earned a minimum of 12 accumulated credits.
2. Maintained a minimum GPA of 3.0 with no failing grades.
3. Demonstrate service to the community.
4. Provide an official college transcript.
5. Provide two letters of recommendation from a professor, college advisor, employer
6. Submit a suitable 4" by 6" photo of the applicant for inclusion in our Commemorative Dinner Dance Journal.
The College Award Committee will review only those applications that comply with all of the above six (6) requirements.
The essays of the selected applicants will be included in our Commemorative Dinner-Dance Journal and should be written meticulously.
You can download the Application from our website.
Edith Padilla, President/CEO, NYLPRW, INC.