In the mailbox
We are currently accepting applications for our 2011 College Awards to be presented at our College Awards Gala Dinner Dance at the Marina Del Rey in The Bronx, on Thursday, August 18, 2011. These awards are granted annually to undergraduate Puerto Rican women selected for their academic excellence and service to the community.
To be eligible, applicants must send a completed 2011 College Award Application Form to our post office box, listed above, by the deadline date of June 5, 2011 and meet all of the following criteria:
1. Currently matriculated as an undergraduate student in an accredited institution of higher education, having earned a minimum of 12 accumulated credits.
2. Maintained a minimum GPA of 3.0 with no failing grades.
3. Demonstrate service to the community.
4. Provide an official college transcript.
5. Provide two (2) letters of recommendation from a professor, college advisor, employer or supervisor.
6. Submit a suitable 4" by 6" photo of the applicant for inclusion in our Commemorative Dinner-Dance Journal.
The College Award Committee will review only those applications that comply with all of the above six (6) requirements. The essays of the selected applicants will be included in our Commemorative Dinner-Dance Journal and should be written meticulously.
Applications can be downloaded from our website: www.nylprw.org or requested via phone or email. Thank you for your assistance in publicizing this information to as many eligible students as possible, and feel free to make as many copies of the application form as you deem necessary.
Edith Padilla, President